In 1860, Woodbury bought the beautiful white house on Ferry Street from Dr. Samuel Shaw (Anoka’s first doctor), who had built the house in 1858. The home has had several owners, including Charles Kiewell, President of Grain Belt Brewery, but is best known in the area as the Woodbury House, and was listed as such on the National Registry of Historical Places on December 26, 1979.3
2Steinke, Ray; “History of St. Francis, Anoka County, Minnesota”; St. Francis Area Chamber of Commerce; 2005.
Photo taken by Pamela J. Erickson. Released into the public domain Nov. 4, 2013,
as long as acknowledgement included.