Wednesday, October 15, 2014

On This Date in Minnesota History: October 15

October 15, 1990 – “Just three weeks before election day, [Elizabeth] Mulay accused Republican gubernatorial candidate Jon Grunseth of trying to molest her when she was only 13. The alleged incident took place nine years earlier at a 4th of July pool party. Speaking with Minnesota Public Radio News at that time, Mulay said there were three other young girls in the pool with her and Grunseth.

‘Jon Grunseth and a couple of his friends came out and tried to coax us into taking off our suits and all go skinny dipping. When I went up, somebody commented that I still had my suit on, and I still refused to take it off,’ Mulay said. ‘Jon Grunseth started chasing me and blocked me in the edge of the pool, and went to pull down my strap with one hand and the other to grab my breast.’

Grunseth denied the allegations, but he eventually dropped out of the race. Arne Carlson took his place on the ballot and won.”

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/08/08/mulay-obit/ 




Jon Grunseth

http://www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDetail.html?CandidateID=17786&WhenStart=2012-05-08+08%3A49%3A48


No comments:

Post a Comment